Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the most beneficial x pipe with cats to get to go along with magnapacks? magnaflow? vrs? bassani? any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
black_demon:

They are all good pipes (well constructed, good materials). MagnaFlow cats appear to me to be flatter than the Bassani or VRS so ground clearance might be a smidge better. For reference, my VRS cats are exactly the same distance from the garage floor as my stock H-pipe cats (i.e.--3.5") used to be.

Personally, I would like to see another delighted VRS pipe customer like me but you won't go wrong with any of the brands listed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive heard great things about vrs .. im trying to stay away from bassani because of all the horror stories i hear about their cats goin bad... how much did you get it for? where from? and is it stainless steel?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Since you wanted a catted X pipe, consider the Magnaflow catted X, it's a quality piece :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dr. Gas o/r X....:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
black_demon:

Got mine (stainless, catted X for a '98 GT) in a group purchase right here on the Corral about 2 months ago. It was $360 + $19 shipping. (I do not recall the pricing for the non-catted pipes). VRS Exhaust is in Miami and their website is VRSExhaust.com. "Miguel" is the owner/operator and a very good egg if you have any questions about the pipe or installation.

chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts