Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a great lead on some Moroso drag springs part number: 47510 and 47220 for $100 for both front and rear. I know that is a good deal but they are used ~10 passes on them. The front ones also have a coil cut.

Is it a smart idea to pick these up? Right now i am rolling with stock suspension but i will be looking into some aftermarket pieces... eventually. Does the number of uses or the spring rate affect the drivability and launch? the car may see some street travel but no highway usage or long trips. Any advice or heads up will be appreciated. i have money to burn and i really want these springs. Thanks, Sam.:salute:

Front:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MOR-47220&view=1&N=700+150+

Rear:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MOR-47510&view=1&N=700+150+

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention i will be running lakewood 50/50s in the rear with some strange adjustable struts in the front. i will more than likely be running some 275/50/15 BFG drag radials or some MT ET street radials if i can find some.

·
Registered
634 Posts
While some people may not like them these springs have worked great for me on my wifes AOD. Every car is different but my wifes car transfers great and uses mt 235/60 dr's cutting low 1.7 60's all day long, sounds like a good deal to me..............

I also only have the fronts (cut 1 coil) with stock height v8 rears........

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know its a great deal. Does your wife's car or yours roll on stock suspension? Anybody else?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I have Moroso springs up front with 2 coils cut, and Strange struts/shocks. The weight transfer is insane with the struts set on 1,2 or 3.
Stock springs in the rear with my own custom double adj. uppers and tubular lowers.

btw I bought the springs used from a fellow Corraler also.

·
Registered
634 Posts
i know its a great deal. Does your wife's car or yours roll on stock suspension? Anybody else?
She has ebay upper/lowers and lakewood 50/50's in the rear.........i just replaced the ebay lowers (bushings destroyed) with some team z solid lowers but havent been back to the track with it...............my car has baseline upper/lowers and strange shocks with v8 rear springs, i've got upr k/coliovers up front........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts