Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its just tacked in currently... lots of welding left to do on it. but its in place.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
What is the installed height of the coilover your using? My chassis guy won't put the bar under the trunk pan, he says you can't run a long enough shock without putting the bar in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the installed height of the coilover your using? My chassis guy won't put the bar under the trunk pan, he says you can't run a long enough shock without putting the bar in the trunk.
16" its pretty much the biggest shock you can fit in there

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Yeah, Rick likes a 17" installed height with the coilover bar in the trunk where you can get the ride height down and the IC length correct. You have adjustable torque box mounting options?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet... I really want to pick up a set of Lyons boxes but not in the budget to do this year. Between doing the cage mini tub and building the motor I'm pretty tapped out right now

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I know the feeling, I have the Lyons lowers and the Wild Rides uppers, I wish I'd have used the Lyons uppers as well.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you can see how they mounted the 19" shocks in the old X275 nitrous car.

but back to my car...
between the money and REALLY not wanting to cut the stock ones out now that i have them welded and boxed in. its going to have to wait.
i will see where i can get the IC and AS with them in the stock mounting locations

Attachments

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Yeah thats how mine will be. You should be able to get the IC pretty close depending on your ride height. You going to be on slicks or are you going radial?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
radials... i'll never run slicks

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well... its off to its new home for a few months. dropped it off yesterday for the cage, thru the floors, ARB and mini tub

and depending on how longs its there

narrow the rear, 35 spline axles and spool and 15x12's

Attachments

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well my C4 is gone

and i picked this one up.
once i get this C4 for a buddy of mine back together i'll have time to pull this thing apart and go over everything

Attachments

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
picked up some soon to be frame rails the other day

Attachments

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Are you doing the thru the floors yourself? I did the Wolfe subframes and Teamz ARB on my coupe recently. Really interested in the metal fab pics!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no the guy doing the cage is doing them. i started some of the stuff but i honestly dont have time to do the cage. nor do i trust myself enough to weld it. my welding skills are OK just not good enough to trust myself to do the cage.

once he starts i want to try and get over there a few times to get pictures of it as hes getting it done.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts