Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fox double hump for a stock 5.0 that will be entered into a 14 hour endurance road race.

It's a chump/lemons car so we are limited in the amount of money we can put into the car our I would install a road race pan.

Looking for pics or what ever you have to get ideas on where to weld baffles, scrapers, etc.... To keep from losing oil pressure in the turns.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
I had some baffling welded into mine (see below), but unfortunately oil pressure still took a sharp drop on sharp corner entries coming off hard braking zones. It's better now with a canton road race pan. All that said, there are lots of folks who swear you don't need any of it unless you're pulling massive sustained G's with R-comps.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were you having oil pressure issues before you modded the pan and did it seem to help you even though it wasn't 100% for you?

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
I only had the stock gauge to go by before I made the pan mod, and installed a mechanical gauge when I did the pan, so I don't have a direct precise before/after. But the conclusion I've drawn is that it didn't do much, if anything at all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Figure out a way to hide a 3 QT Moroso Accumulator or a Canton Accusump in the car. When I was auto crossing a 5.0 mustang I tried fixing low oil pressure issues with a deep sump Steeda pan. It helped a little but a Moroso Accumulator solved it completely.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
onteresting thread.

I am planning on modifying a stock sump for my build. I want to box it up to make it larger and install trap doors so the oil will be where i want it...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Great thread.

We ae putting a 5.0/T5 in our '91 RX7 Lemons car as well. On our 3rd rotary engine, its time for something new.

Any other ideas for the oil pan? We've got a plasma and welder, any build pictures out there to give us some ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke to a guy who is nearly dominating chumps racing with a 5.0 he's in Texas.

He recommended stock pan with an extra half quart of oil. Stock radiator with heavy duty clutch fan and bearings machined loose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts