Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get a few power numbers from single and twin 2v guys? Boost number? Just trying to figure things out.

Thank you

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
735hp @ 25psi, 8* of timing, 91oct/100% meth thru a 4R70.

With more meth or race fuel we can add more timing and we think we can make 800hp @ 25psi. Then we're going to add more boost (35psi ?) and go for 900hp.

Project BALROG

ks

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
35 psi. That's a lotta meatballs.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
35 psi. That's a lotta meatballs.
Naaa, not really. Boost is simply a measurement of of crappy the heads flow. I wish I had heads that flowed like yours!

ks

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I guess the 2V mods do not flow that well?

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I guess the 2V mods do not flow that well?
Even fully ported they need a big bottle of Pepto to flow decent numbers. Now, if I had some 4V heads it's a completely different story.

ks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Kevin$. What do you have $ wise in just the kit? Are you growing out of those 57's? Should I go with 60's no?
Thank you

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Thank you Kevin$. What do you have $ wise in just the kit? Are you growing out of those 57's? Should I go with 60's no?
Thank you
The turbo "kit" was home made when I purchased the car and came with the 57's and a dyno tune that made 720hp thru the manual trans on 93oct @18-20psi. The 57's should be good to around 800hp with more boost and a manual trans.

Last year I upgraded to 60mm billets and put the auto trans in it and on that same tune it only made 595hp with 91oct/100%meth. Two days of tuning and more boost (25psi) we got it to 735HP but were held back with the timing b/c I couldn't spray enough meth to keep the knock detector quiet. A buddy of mine and I are redoing all the piping right now b/c I deemed it very inefficient plus I hope to fix other things that I don't like about the car while it's apart.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/turbochargers/2163682-new-hotside-being-installed.html

As far as $$: The turbos were custom built for my combo by Brian Bisonette and will support "over 1000hp w/o breathing hard" and cost half of what Precision turbos are priced at.

The piping/flanges/headers; I have about $1800 into them but it's ALL hand built except the headers which were purchased from CG Fab but even these were custom built to my specs with 2.25" collectors.

I prefer to have quick spool on a street car so I like to run small turbos but push them harder with more boost then use meth injection to cool the air temps down. I would get some billet 57's and have fun with them until you wanted to make a race car.

ks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Never got numbers on my old setup, but we are guessing about 700-750 at the tires. Single Master Power T-70 on E85. Car went [email protected] on a start-up tune with no timing or meth on 18#. It was pulling timing at the top cause IATS were high. New setup should hopefully be up and running soon, moved up to a precision 76/75 billet wheel. T-70 spooled a little quicker for sure on the street.

·
Registered
503 Posts
747 RWHP @ 22lbs. 641 RWHP @ 17lbs...both pulls on low timing and 11:1 AFR. Fairly confident I could make over 800 @ 22lbs with a little more timing and lean it out a bit...maybe down the road a ways. My car is a blast and hasn't given me a hint of trouble so happy to leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Last year mine trapped 139.99 running 15psi.
Last time on the dyno in 2010 it made 475rwhp at 11psi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts