Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed torque arms are on sale today. If you were on the fence like me, now might be a good time to buy.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, think so. I cant pay for incompetent work that I have to fix later. Pretty sure if me and my friends can't do it, then I don't need to do it.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I had someone(that works at a shop)install mine simply because at the time I knew nobody that welded or could come to the house and weld.

He said the install wasn't that bad, you just had to make sure you got the "front socket" at the correct angle for the torque arm while the weight of the car was on the axle.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
To those that have it installed; ate you getting a lot of extra rear end noise? My rear was a little noisy before the TA and now I can really hear it. I have checked all the angles my receiver tube is correct and my pinion angle is within 1* of each other and I have no rubbing

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I'm using rod ended LCA's and it makes a lil' noise, but nothing "non-Mustang" unusual. Your R&P may be set up a lil' tight or even a wheel bearing trying to tell you something. With the "speaker" of the T/A right under your butt(basically), you're bound to hear a lil' something.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got some friends that work at shops, but my trust is in them, not the estabkishment.

I look forward to the install. Probably a few months out

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm disappointed that I didn't see this. My parents want to buy me a torque arm for my graduation this December. I doubt they will offer it again soon. Was the HD Tq. Arm really $500? How much were they selling the standard for?

Where is the cheapest place to purchase the torque arm? I need to ask the ArtsParts rep for a quote, but thought about just ordering straight from MM since they have always been so easy to work with.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm disappointed that I didn't see this. My parents want to buy me a torque arm for my graduation this December. I doubt they will offer it again soon. Was the HD Tq. Arm really $500? How much were they selling the standard for?

Where is the cheapest place to purchase the torque arm? I need to ask the ArtsParts rep for a quote, but thought about just ordering straight from MM since they have always been so easy to work with.
For what it's worth, since September I've been tracking their 'deals of the day' and the torque arm has been $506 (hd version) on sept 14th, october 8th, and november 5th....so, if that 'cycle' continues, it should come up again in (relatively) early december as they seem to rotate what's on sale pretty consistently (so far).

Mark

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've got to pick up a panhard bar as well so I'm trying to keep my eye on the deals of the day as well. Hopefully I will catch it when it comes around again.

One of the good things for anyone that is interested, is that the deal runs for 24 hours and you have to buy through the website so you don't have to worry about calling, etc. I also ordered some misc hardware and had them throw it in the with the TA so I wouldn't have to pay for extra shipping.

·
Registered
574 Posts
For what it's worth, since September I've been tracking their 'deals of the day' and the torque arm has been $506 (hd version) on sept 14th, october 8th, and november 5th....so, if that 'cycle' continues, it should come up again in (relatively) early december as they seem to rotate what's on sale pretty consistently (so far).

Mark
Wow, I don't go there every day but every time I've gone on the site in the last few months the "deal of the day" has been installations, I didn't even realize they rotated stuff through. With the TA a possibility, I'll be checking daily so as not to miss it if and when it comes back at that price.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Make sure to click on deal of the day, installations are something separate. I made the same mistake at first.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Mark
Thanks for that tid-bit. I will hold off and watch for a while since I won't have time to install it until January anyway. This is actually the first I've ever noticed the Deal of the Day feature.

1 - 20 of 380 Posts