Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much reading on here, talking with a friend who had a Griggs set-up and talking with Jason at MM I ordered the TQ arm today. My car had the MM PHB on it when I bought it, so I felt it really needed to be done right. I will be installing it in the coming weeks, but I had to hold off on the recommended springs until I save up a few bucks more. Any welding is not a problem for me, I was a full time welder. My question is does anyone running this setup have any advice for me when I go install it? It will going on a 93 Coupe. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The torque arm install is a peice of cake compared to putting on the PHB. Do you have sub-frame connectors on the car already?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Get the matching springs and competent shocks/struts
Yes I know, I said I need to save up for them in mean time.
The torque arm install is a peice of cake compared to putting on the PHB. Do you have sub-frame connectors on the car already?
yes I do, but they are Kenny Browns and therefor need a re-inforcement plates. Not a big deal though, just another $50

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My friend had the Griggs set-up and loved. He took it off to go NMRA drag racing in the car and later sold off everything. Also, like said, I already had the MM PHB so I figured I might as well stay with the same company. I meant it as the TQ arm set up is the way to go, be it Griggs or MM, Griggs makes top shelf parts for sure.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it was. he was running in Factory Stock, all those classes have pretty strict rules. The car worked well, 60 foots were in the 1.5's, pretty good for a car with only about 310 rwhp.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think it was. he was running in Factory Stock, all those classes have pretty strict rules. The car worked well, 60 foots were in the 1.5's, pretty good for a car with only about 310 rwhp.
Please keep us informed on this install. I was thinking of buying this same setup for my 89.

Thanks
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts