Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Im ready to put on my MM torque arm and was wondering if anyone has run with success with sportlines.Im having trouble finding the spring rates of them, but it looks like the H and Rs are 390 and the MM are the around there. Anyone run with regular lowering springs with a TA?Just curious before i purchase the TA specific springs.

thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not only that...

When I was running 350lb coil overs up front, I had the MM 380-430 (or whatever the stiff TA springs are) in the rear and the car was so softly sprung in the rear it would lift the inside front tire 2-3 inches off the track at MAM. I have since gone to a 500 lb circle track spring intended for the font of a car...using a Griggs adapter and the tires stay planted.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Like he said, you'll need a stiff spring. I wasn't happy till I had a 225 coil over spring on there'

Conventional 390 - 430 = 190-206 wheel rate
CO spring = 247 wheel rate.

One of the big problems I had with the conventional spring is there wasn't enough travel in the spring 2" (maybe, never found the bind height). Even if you get the right spring rate, you still don't wind up with a lot of suspension travel. I was lifting rear tires off the ground all the time and the ride sucked. Going to a CO setup was worlds better in both ride and handling.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow,
those control arms really add alot of bind. I bet the coil overs with a torque arm would ride worlds better...and handle!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I felt a noticeable difference in going with C/O's and a torque arm. People comment on the "better ride" that the IRS gives....until a ride in my car even with 375's/300's. Pretty significant and passes the ever so sensitive girlfriend test.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts