Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used the search and saw on MM's website that the dynomax tail pipes will fit with the PHB, but I dont know if they will fit with my 315 tires. Does anyone know if those tail pipes fit with those tires?

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
I don't know about the 98, but on my 92, my 245/45-17 and 255/40-17 tires on factory-size 17x8 wheels rub the dynomax tails hard enough to push the passenger side one over where it overheats the gas tank during track sessions. I just do not understand how people run such wide tires in the back of these things without major surgery.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 315 tires clear my magnaflow tail pipes now, but the pipes will not fit with the phb in there. I think the sn95 rear is maybe wider than the fox rear. Could just be the fenders that are wider and allow a wider tire with a different offset.

·
US Army Active Duty
2,433 Posts
Depends what 315's. On my 94 I couldn't run 315 BFG's with tails, it would rub the passenger side tail pretty bad. I run 315 Nitto's though no problem, they're Flowmaster tails but very similar construction to the dynomax iirc. I have an MM PHB on it too :).

The SN95 rear is a little wider, and the fenderwells are much larger than a fox's.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 315 MT ET Street Radial IIs on there now with 10.5x17 wheels. I will be going with 315 NT01s later in the spring. Do you know if any of those tires will fit?

Between the Dynomax and the Flowmaster tailpipes, which ones would you recommend?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
275/40/17's, Flowmaster Tail pipes. It all clears A-ok. MM PHB.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got 315s in there now with magnaflow pipes and no issues. Want to know if flowmaster or dynomax pipes will rub.

·
US Army Active Duty
2,433 Posts
Yeah no surprise the maggie tails didn't fit. I've gotten some in before but had to re-make one of the tails where it went around the chassis mount.

The flowmaster tails should fit, that's what is on mine. Make sure you test fit the wheel as you fit the tailpipe, sometimes the 315's can rub the tails.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered the pipes today. Should find out soon if all the parts will play nice together under the car.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the pipes last night and threw them under the car with the phb and it fits great so far. It looks like the tires will fit too, but clearance is only about 1/2 inch. I still need to finish the install and get the catback adjusted for max clearance.

Only problem was that the flowmaster tail pipes and the magnaflow mufflers mated up with a butt joint instead of the typical slip joint, so I had to use a dynomax/walker butt joint coupler. No biggie.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
96 Cobra here
MM Panhard
Dynomax 2.5" tails
295-35-18 tires
18x10 22mm rims

I have at least 1.25" per side of inner tire clearance on the tailpipe. If it's the tails you are worried about, a good exhaust guy will work wonders.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I was going to run tailpipes, but I prefer the look of no tailpipes on the 94-98, since there is no cutout in the bumper. I would imagine it would be damn tough to get a 3" catback with a PHB and 315's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts