Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
With a MM K-member, it is a mandatory item. However, if you're not installing one of their k-members, there really isn't much to be gained from installing the relo kit, other than from being able to run a Motorcraft racing oil filter.

MHO...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a battery relocation and was just thinking for ease of changing filter...have it where the battery used to be and just grab it when changing!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I installed the MM kit because I had to with the K-member. It is a nice kit. good quality.

Aside from the MM k-member, I see no reason to install one of those kits. Yes the stock location sucks but it is better than adding a bunch hoses, adapters, fittings and brackets. Any of those parts can fail at any time and cause serious engine damage. Plus this kit adds no performance to the car.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
97white46gt said:
Well I have been thinking about getting it just because of where the filter sits now is a PITA to change without making a huge mess all over the rack etc....
I use HD Aluminum Foil. Take a piece and double it, then slide it between the filter and the rack. Form it so you have some room to work and to cause the oil to run down to your catch pan. It works great for me and it keeps the rack nice and clean.

One caution, make sure that the square o-ring on the used filter doesn't stick to the oil cooler when the filter is removed. That WILL make a mess when you start up the motor after the change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts