Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what I can get from MM LCA?
Do they really lower 60 foot with no impact on cornering ability?
Do they affect ride height, is there any cons, I read something about sway bar being too low?

Which one would you recommend, they have adjustable and non adjustable, AFAIK there is no benefit of adjustable unless you're planning on bigger slick.
Plus they have sub types:
With Swaybar Mount, Black MMRLCA-1
No Swaybar Mount, Black MMRLCA-1.1
No Swaybar Mount, No Spring Perch MMRLCA-1.2
No Spring Perch MMRLCA-1.3
Which one do I need?

Thanks in advance.

And one more, where can I get them cheaper?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
You will want the Standard LCA's with swaybar mounts and spring perches.

The ones that are "without spring perches" are for people running rear coil-overs. The "without sway bar mounts" are for those that run no sway bar or a sway bar that mounts in a place other than the stock location.

FWIW, my 88 5.0 with more low end "grunt" worse tires(215 General XP 2000's), etc got a better 60 ft time(2.2 sec) than my cobra with 265's, less low end torque, etc (2.3 sec).

The weight for both cars is about the same(not enough of a difference for it to be worth a full tenth in the first 60ft anyways). The suspensions on both cars are almost identical(B-springs on my 88 and C-springs on my cobra... both cars have the same rear springs). The only big difference between the two cars was that my 88 had MM standard LCA's and the cobra had stock LCA's.

So with that being said, my experience has been that GOOD LCA's are worth about .1 sec in the first 60ft. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot.
Better 60's is what I need the most on my street radials. :)
So it should be the first one in the list
With Swaybar Mount, Black MMRLCA-1, right?
BTW, did they affect your ride height?

·
Registered
627 Posts
You'll want the LCA's with the swaybar mount. My car hooks at the track, but I never tried it with the stock control arms so I have no reference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts