Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Mustang GT

Long shot here for a quick response...

I am just finishing up the install of my Maximum Motorsport front coil overs (COP-2) with my Koni SA "yellows" and 375 springs. I am using two large spacers (~0.960" total) for clearance of the MM caster camber plate hardware at full droop and lock. Tires are 255/40ZR17.

I am shooting for a final 26" height.

To hopefully save some time, is there someone out there with a similar set up that can tell me where their lower perch is set at? Measured from the bottom of the sleeve to the top of the perch (bottom of the spring). This will get me in the ballpark.

I just did the coil overs on the rear and it was a p.i.t.a. to dial in from a blind start.

Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For posterity: I ended up at 5.75" measured from the bottom of the sleeve to the to of the perch (at the bottom of the spring).

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
For posterity: I ended up at 5.75" measured from the bottom of the sleeve to the to of the perch (at the bottom of the spring).
So what is the ride height at that setting? On my 01 Cobra running conventional H&R Super Sports, the k was about 3" off the ground. At that height, I really had to pay attention to road debris and repairs otherwise the k would hit them. Uncomfortably jarring at speed.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd have to go measure at the center of the K-member. But I am 26" at the wheel arch. Same as when I had my Eibach Sportlines.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just measured the clearance at the center of the K-member (stock). I’m right about 4.75”. I misspoke about the springs I took out. These were my H&R Sport springs (51650). Ride before swap to coil over wasn’t all that bad. However, this car only gets driven to and from track. Around the neighborhood a little bit but really building for track use.

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
It really is rather easy to set the ride height that you don't need to go too crazy with comparing measurements. When i set my height, i just simply put a jack under the k-member and lifted both sides up at once. Then i was able to reach in and adjust the coil overs up or down depending on the height i wanted. I just dialed it in initially at 1/2" over what i wanted, and went for a quick drive and let it sit overnight. Next day, i remeasured and adjusted.

Really not that big of a deal, and measurements will vary between the cars based on the amount of actual weight sitting on the front suspension, so going by measurements of others may still require tweaking anyway.

It's also going to vary depending on the spring lb rating, and the free lenght.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s done now. But thanks for the reply anyway. With the information I posted it should help cut someone’s install time down a little. It provides a decent start point. You’ll still need to make small adjustments to dial in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts