Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How should the perch sit on the shoulder on the upper part strut? Mine isn't going all the way around it and before I file it down I wanted to check and see.

A. All the way down on to the shoulder ?

or

B. sitting slightly on top of the shoulder?

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
All the way down. It really doesn't take removing much material to get it to slide past. The interference that keeps it from sliding past is really slight. Give it a polish with a Dremel and it'll go on.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
The installation instructions (step #25) just above the photo in post #1 say:

"Slide the Upper Spring Perch over the strut shaft to check for clearance around the shoulder that is at the top of the large-diameter section of the strut shaft. If the Upper Spring Perch does not clear this shoulder, file the shoulder down until the perch will just fit around the shoulder."

If something about the instructions is not 100% clear, please tell me what it should say.

·
Registered
568 Posts

"Slide the Upper Spring Perch over the strut shaft to check for clearance around the shoulder that is at the top of the large-diameter section of the strut shaft. If the Upper Spring Perch does not clear this shoulder, file the shoulder down until the perch will just fit around the shoulder."

If something about the instructions is not 100% clear, please tell me what it should say.
Well there you have it o.p. sounds like you were on the right track.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Just making 100% sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts