Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No mechanical lock? Really? Just a nut with some Loc-Tite on it. seems sketchy to me. Any reason I shouldn't throw these away and buy some nylocks?

·
Super Moderator
27,652 Posts
IIRC those are centerlock partially oval-shaped nuts, very common, totally effective.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can thread them on by hand. when you get to the gack it slows down, but still threads by hands. these aren't peened or ovalled.

·
Registered
251 Posts
mine were ovaled, held up to plenty of hard use. I'd trust the oval over nylock. potential for extreme heat from the brakes and that could mess with the nylock

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I ordered my k-member and control arms I ordered them without bushings, because I had plans to make my own bushings. When the parts came in from MM, the ball joint nuts were no where to be found. I sent them an email asking about them, I got a message stating the nuts were normally packaged with the bushings, since I remitted the bushings, I didn't get ball joint nuts. But "as a courtesy" they were gonna send me two. You spend $1200 you'd expects all the hardware to be there, but I guess not. Also when you spend $1200 you'd expect them to not forget about the order, but they did and it took me almost a month to get my parts.

#### going on at work is keeping me from making my own bushings so I ended up having to order them from MM, and they showed up today. The nuts that come with the bushings are different than the ones they sent me. The ones in the bushing kit are ovaled.

They sure ain't afraid to charge for their parts and I'm not afraid to pay for them, but $17 and seven days shipping is ####ing ridiculous. ESPECIALLY after spending a bunch of money with them last month. Oh well.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts