Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 Mitsubishi Evolution which aside from a small split on the head gasket, ran perfectly fine before I decided to pull it apart.

In addition to replacing the head gasket, I installed the following other items: Kelford 272/272 Cams, Kelford Beehive Valve Springs, ARP Head-Studs, Precision Turbo 880cc Injectors & Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump.

I got the car all back together and tried to fire it up to find that I was not getting any fuel. The fuel pump does not make any noise when I turn the ignition on.

I ran run jumper wires from the battery to the fuel pump sending unit (as the Service Manual say to do), the 255lph Walbro works fine. I have triple-checked each electrical connection, have checked continuity on all three fuel pump relays (as the Service Manual says to do) and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I have triple-checked each electrical connection, have checked continuity on all three fuel pump relays (as the Service Manual says to do) and still nothing.
Impossible. Obviously you're missing voltage (including a ground) somewhere. Somewhere there's voltage, then elsewhere there isn't. You're using a volt meter?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out that all she needed was some fuel!

Apparently I did not crank the engine over long enough.

A member of evolutionm.net and Buschur Racing got back to me and confirmed that the stock ECU on the Evolutions does not allow the fuel pump to prime when the key is in "on" position (news to me!)

I loosened the two bolts that connect the fuel line to the fuel rail, used jumper wires to power the fuel pump until fuel started to trickle out of the line then tightened the bolts back up!

Fired right-up as soon as I hit the ignition!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts