Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!! I have an 04 gt w/novi 1000. My issue is when at idle it misses and surges when the idle drops below 1000rpm, and also bucking when I drive at a cruise state!!! Done new iac, maf, plugs, coils, and a vac leak test!!! When I'm under throttle and in boost it runs good and the fuel is around 12.8-13.2 wide open! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have a good scan tool! As far as my tune, it runs off an old school red sct chip

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are you running a PCV system but have a breather cap on a valve cover? That technically creates a vac leak that causes surging at idle. I see that all the time on blower cars. Also, 12.8-13.2 is lean for wide open with any significant amount of boost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you running a PCV system but have a breather cap on a valve cover? That technically creates a vac leak that causes surging at idle. I see that all the time on blower cars. Also, 12.8-13.2 is lean for wide open with any significant amount of boost.

I was running a normal pc setup and now I moved to just breathers with no change at all!! Its boosting 8lbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts