Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going this year. Last year we dodge rain but had great air. They got rid of the Stock class and changed it to Street performer. It's wide open now! Check the rules on their website

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Definately going. Would like to run both Sat and Sun. Checking out the Street Performer rules. I'm almost legal: would need a passenger seat, radial tires, and add a whopping 335 lbs (sheesh). But I have a feeling 11.50s would not be a round winner in that class. LOL I suppose I'll stick to bracket racing (MOD ET).

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing ? anyone ? A bunch of great classes

·
Registered
592 Posts
Tommy, we'll be going again. The Street Performer class is still "basically" Factory Stock. I see they are trying to attract more entrants with the expanded heads and cam requirements along with CI. They will still have to run the F/S crew and be able to go low 11's - high 10 maybe. I will just have to take my heap into Mild and HOPE for one round win with my 302 HCI car against all the Pure Streeters running mid to low 10's.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tommy, we'll be going again. The Street Performer class is still "basically" Factory Stock. I see they are trying to attract more entrants with the expanded heads and cam requirements along with CI. They will still have to run the F/S crew and be able to go low 11's - high 10 maybe. I will just have to take my heap into Mild and HOPE for one round win with my 302 HCI car against all the Pure Streeters running mid to low 10's.
Shoot its so far from Factory Stock it's not funny. You get the same cubes a better cylinder head, a carb / a C4 an ET Street. Should be a lot of low 11 second cars. Sounds fair to me

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tommy, does your car fit into the class?
Yes at F/S rules. I'm not going to make any changes to my car for this event. I would hope someone with aluminum heads, bigger cam , better intake , c4 and an ET Street could compete. I mean what more would be needed?

·
Registered
592 Posts
FWIW, I think it is great that Royce and Jason are trying to get some competition in the class. Lower the weight? No. You asked if my car fit into the class. I told you what I would have to do to fit in. I would like to see an Open Comp class.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FWIW, I think it is great that Royce and Jason are trying to get some competition in the class. Lower the weight? No. You asked if my car fit into the class. I told you what I would have to do to fit in. I would like to see an Open Comp class.
Ok, I was wondering because I thought the weights were good. We ran 11.4's with old wore out smokey in 2007 @ 3200lbs. So I would think at 3200lbs there should be some cars out there that can run well.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am sure you guys will be in the mix this year.
I'm sure I just don't want it to be like last year. 3 cars total. It was boring, I like free money and all but I would rather race for it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Exactly, bump. Hopefully the car counts will be higher!!! Hopefully no RAIN!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts