Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(SOLD)....

Well I think the time has come.......putting my 86 GT on the market. Wife and I are shopping for houses and car hasn't been used much at all so moving on to a new chapter. This is not a fire sale, I love this car so serious buyers only.

Bought this car from GA, rust free beautiful car. Last year I started adding more mods, finished up around November 2014 so with Michigan winter around the corner car was put away for storage over winter. Was going to get dyno tuned and enjoy this summer but now house shopping for my growing family is a priority over toys/cars. Please let me know if you have any questions, I can give you the full run down of the car and my ownership. Previous owner owned it for 15 years, I've had it about 2 years adding maybe 200 miles before extra mods. Never raced, used as street car and cruise nights. I have an entire folder of part receipts and paperwork for the most part of what I've bought or done.

Thanks for looking, Doug 248-420-57 three five or [email protected]

1986 Ford Mustang GT $10,300

Engine: (Only Thing car needs to be road/track worthy is a front end alignment due to adding the complete new Team Z front end (DONE), brakes bled (DONE) and full dyno tune. Car runs and idles perfect but should get dyno'd from new added parts)
-Stock roller block balanced rotating assembly 306, compression 9.5-1
-Paxton Novi 1000 Supercharger w/UPR power pipe. 2 belt kit, with approximately 6k miles. No shaft play, nice condition. Stock 3.33 pulley with 8" renegade lower pulley (approximately 12psi depending on supporting parts).
-TRW Forged pistons/rings
-Stock rods
-Stock crank
-APR hardware on connecting rods, main caps and head bolts
-Anderson N41 Cam - 222/232 .544/.544 w/1.7 rocker 110 106
-Crane Blue 1.7 pedestal rockers
-Edelbrock Performer RPM heads O-ringed (head specs are 2.02/1.60 valves)
-Edelbrock Performer RPM II intake
-Accufab 70mm throttle body, with polished EGR delete
-3 core aluminum radiator
-Mishimoto performance dual radiator fans
-Dakota Digital PAC 2750 programmable dual fan controller
- Complete MSD Digital 6AL ignition
- Flowtech Ceramic Coated 1 5/8” primary/3” collector Long Tube Headers w/custom SpinTech 3” X pipe and 3” Sportsman Mufflers w/dumps
-Pro-M mass air meter
-Anderson Ford Motorsports big mouth 3”x 10” air filter
-Lucas 42lb injectors
-DeatschWerks 300 Series 340LPH/90GPH in-tank fuel pump
-Adjustable Fuel Regulator
-Hi flow water pump
-6G SN94 one wire alternator upgrade
-March alternator bracket with adjustment rod

Drivetrain:
-AODE with upgraded late model 4R70W gear set
-Alto Red clutches
-Kolene steel plates
-Kevlar band
-Upgraded servo
-One way diode upgrade
-Performance modified valve body
-Deep cast TCI aluminum pan
-B&M Trans Cooler
-2800 stall converter with lockup
-Baumannator/US Shift fully adjustable transmission controller
-Custom shaft from CCI Driveline
-Stifflers transmission cross member and drive shaft loop
-Strange 31 spline
-Auburn pro trak lok
-FMS 3.73 gears

Suspension:
-Team-Z front end kit w/K-member, A-arms, adjustable coil overs and camber caster plates
-Rear aftermarket tubular type upper and lower control arms
-Flaming River low profile steering shaft
-SN95 Front Disk Brakes
-Through floor sub-frame connectors
-Billet Specialties RT series wheels 15X10 rears with Mickey Thomson 275/50/15 drag radials, 15X4 fronts

MIsc:
-Car weighs 3240lbs w/driver
-New paint, 5 years ago, Dupont Oxford White
-Complete custom Florida 5.0 gauge cluster with Auto Meter gauges.
-Battery hatch relocation kit with Optima red top battery

Walk Around Video.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qadcw2oefma7byz/86 GT start up.MTS?oref=e&n=243739453

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man thought for sure I'd buy an aero car but this is pretty close and looks sweet. Has me thinking.
Well let's quit thinking an start doing some talking....LOL :)

It's an awesome car, hate selling it but it's not about me any more. Have a 1yr old daughter and wife so we want to get a nice house lined up. Just got an offer accepted and inspection Monday so fingers crossed. This isn't a fire sale and car doesn't have to go but would help do some things to the house for upgrades instead of car in the garage under a cover doing nothing.

Give me a call anytime if you want to chat about the history, upgrades and any questions. I'm easy to work with and not into playing games or ripping people off. I'm around this entire week so please call me if are serious.

Thanks, Doug 248-420-5735

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did you by chance have this up in Grand Blanc for sale? Thought I saw one just like it off Holly Rd.

Looks great! I never get to see foureyes around and when I do I feel like I'm never driving mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi not to waste your time here but what did you have to do to get the aode in there with the deep pan? I heard header clearance is miserable? Let me know if you had any issues. Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi not to waste your time here but what did you have to do to get the aode in there with the deep pan? I heard header clearance is miserable? Let me know if you had any issues. Thanks
Hi bud,
The guy/shop that did my install I think did some slight trimming of the trans tunnel if I remember correctly but for the most part was pretty straight forward. Only main changes I did from 5 speed to the AODE was new cross member, yoke, auto headers and modified my driveshaft. Had no header issues other then going from stick shift headers being narrower to auto headers being wider to go around. My x pipe was a universal one from spintech the came in parts so welded it up to match and line up with everything. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sale pending.....have guy with cash in hand suppose to talk again with tomorrow. Will keep the post up to date if goes through or still up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did it sell?
Guys is local but works out of state, coming home next Wed 5th with cash in hand to look at it. Was in contact with him all week so felt fare to give him first dibs.

Please hit me next Wed/Thursday to check the status. He does have another car he's looking at also but this is the one he's more excited about so will see.

Thanks for the follow up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts