Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would post some pics of the minitub/8pt. Cage project I completed last winter. The minitub was quite a bit of work and alittle spendy, but was well worth it. No more tire rubbing! Tires are 325/50/15 Nittos on 15x10 wheel. I did the minitub, cage, put UPR front and rear suspension, fuel cell, and Kirkey seats in it and lost 110 LBS. from last year. It weighs 2900lbs. w/full tank of fuel.
Before:

After: Car sits alot lower

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics:

Before narrowing axle 2" per side:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Whats the backspacing on the rear wheels? I saw that you have the rear narrowed two inches per side also.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The rear wheels are 6.5" B.S. I narrowed the axle 2" per side, because i didn't want the tire to rub on the fender lip. I also wanted to lower the rear of the car.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I like the fact that you have the cell mounted low to restore some space in the trunk. What size is it? Looks like 20-22gal.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The cell is 15gal.. The Kirkey seats are surprisingly comfortable. I just got back from a 600 mile trip and my butt hurt alittle bit, but not too bad. Alot better than the Scat Procars I had in it last year.

·
Registered
224 Posts
the work is done very good and detailed,nice.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
was that a bought cage or did you get a chasis shop to fab one for ya?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The cage is from Wild Rides Race Cars. They prefit it, and all I had to do was weld it in.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts