Discussion Starter #1

·
15,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well I recently replaced my starter w/ the PAperformance starter. I have a 91 stang. So the new starter was smaller, lighter, and also a permanent magnet starter. Starts up first time everytime. Fixed my problem, you also have to wire it different, but its a piece of cake. Trust me.:D

·
15,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool man, do you know any of the specs on it? Is it just a 93 starter? or is it one of dem dere 'special' ones?

Oh, did it come with bolts?

Does the starter bolt to the tranny? or something else...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
raininfire said:
Well I recently replaced my starter w/ the PAperformance starter. I have a 91 stang. So the new starter was smaller, lighter, and also a permanent magnet starter. Starts up first time everytime. Fixed my problem, you also have to wire it different, but its a piece of cake. Trust me.:D
What do you mean by starting the first time? Does it still go "chug, chug vroom" or Ch-vroom"?

I just installed a mini starter I got from CSKING off ebay. Mine starts the same as my old one - "chug, chug vroom".

Now the starter on my dads Vette, my brokers GTA and even my Grand Prix start up without any initial "chugs". I think GM makes a much better starter system then our Fords!

·
Registered
310 Posts
You have to re-use the bolts, and it mounts to the tranny. I thinks its special, but as far a the it being the same one as the 93 i am not sure. And there is no chug, its got a totally different sound than the stock starter, much newer sounding, higher pitched. IMO -J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts