Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test and tune tonight whos going? just looking for any of you guys there i am thinking about going nice weather forcast if i go i have a yellow 01 GT with ummm turn turn downs and some other stuff name is jeff will be looking for any of you please post thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey jon i think ive seen to at milan before didnt you make you cold air box yourself i think my buddy and i meet you last year out there he has a gtp grand prix we noticed how nice your box came out cause when we tired it was really screwed up you;ve got a nice ride itll be bad when you get those heads anyway look forward to seein ya out there today

·
Registered
107 Posts
Blue98Snake,

Hey you've got a good memory that was me !!

Yeah, I can't wait to get the headswap done. I ordered the package from "TheGame" almost a month ago and he said they should be ready to ship around the 2nd week of April so I should be getting them really soon ! I went with the P&P headswap kit with Crane regrinds and the Modmax spring kit ! Hopefully that'll get me into the mid 13's !

Well, see ya there !

Jon P.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I would go but have to work . How does Milan run their Test& Tune?? Can you get many runs in if you go early or is it a "3 runs over the course of a night track" -like Norwalk is now???:mad:

·
Registered
81 Posts
wild pony
sweet ride man hope to have my vortech by the end of summer
anyway its a toss up somtimes its busy sometimes its not i go to wen t&t at milan alot and its always different but most of the time you can get alot of runs in since alot of people wont go on a wen.
also if you dont mind me asking what kinda of dyno#'s are you putting down and what et's have you run im just trying to research the blower with others who have experience also is there any tips youve learned along the way and have you had any problems with the vortech

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Blue98Snake said:
wild pony
anyway its a toss up somtimes its busy sometimes its not i go to wen t&t at milan alot and its always different but most of the time you can get alot of runs in since alot of people wont go on a wen.
also if you dont mind me asking what kinda of dyno#'s are you putting down and what et's have you run im just trying to research the blower with others who have experience also is there any tips youve learned along the way and have you had any problems with the vortech
I never dynoed it -probably will this year. It's tuned more for reliability than high "#'s" but I'm still thinkin it will make upper "400's" .I only ran 3passes at Norwalk last year & one night the year before. 12.7 @115 w/2.12 60'. on Dunlops-slippin & slidin'. I had to lift a couple times to stay straight.. I haven't been back since I got the boost/fuel upgrades.. I would like to see mid 11's if I could get it to hook and had more runs to practice. As far as the blower goes -no problems. I am on my 3rd MSD though and I hope the current one is going to be TROUBLE FREE. BTW - I have the stock clutch (52k mi.), tranny and they both feel fine.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Blue98Snake said:
wild pony
As far as the "tips" I've learned along the way is to quit reading so much as far as what certain parts/people can do for your car. Try to find a tuner or if you do it yourself someone that isn't going to try to sell you everything just to make a sale. Or have a guy tell you he can pull an extra 50-75 HP out of your motor with his programming /tuning skills. Yeah he probably can do that, but how long will your motor be running?? I like the guy I go to and I'm sure others on here like/defend the guy in Jackson Michigan. All I can say is talk to them or others and ask them ??'s before you decide what you want..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I can tell you guys are local due to going to milan.. I"m an officer at MotownMuscle.com and we're always looking for new members.. Come on over and check our site out, i bet you'll like what u see.. We are a non brand specific car club, we've got a huge variety of types of cars, and have events booked at some of the best tracks in the area.. On April 27 we have St Thomas booked, that is our first event.. You can check out our events calender for the rest of our track days..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts