Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Autometer sportcomp wideband - PN 3378, running Microsquirt on a 91 LX. I can get the wideband calibrated right on, sitting in the driveway. When I go out for a drive to do some tuning, the wideband calibration goes off. Sometimes as much as 2-3 full points. The Autometer wideband seems to stay dead on, giving accurate information and the Microsquirt/TS seems to go out of calibration. I try to use Autotune but it pulls all the fuel out to 16+ AFR (wideband gauge reading) and the car starts to sputter while Tunerstudio says its holding at 12.0. Its pulling fuel, going against the AFR table values. I have to pull over, and add fuel back to those cells. Then when I get back home in the drive way they went back to matching. I can drive and tune the car going by the Autometer gauge, cell by cell with good results.

I had the wideband originally grounded to the firewall and have since moved it to the battery. I have also calibrated the range in the Autometer gauge to match the outputs of the parameters in Tunerstudio: 0-4v = 10-16AFR. It still seems to go out of range.

I'm new to tuning, so it could be something I've overlooked. Really hoping that I can get this autotune up and running. Tuning cell by cell isn't fun.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
So there should be 4 wires on this wideband that need attention. I use the pro-comp widebands on my megasquirt cars but they're similar.

Wideband RED - switched 12v from anywhere possible

Wideband Black - Ground from anywhere (chassis is fine here)

Wideband Blue - To Megasquirt "O2 In"

Wideband Blue/Black - To Megasquirt "Sensor ground" (on ECU board, not battery)

What ECU do you have? Without that information, I can't tell you exactly which pins to use.

I know you said you calibrated the Tunerstudio AFR limits, but make sure the wideband limits match (Min=10 and Max=16 like you said above)

Make sure any narrowband (stock) o2 sensors are disconnected for good measure.

If you'd like, I can look over your tune file to see if there are any glaring issues with settings that may affect AFR calculations or fuel settings.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Microsquirt package with the harness adapter to fit my foxbody.

I think my problem is the blue/black ground off of the gauge. I don't remember seeing a wire on that plug and play harness to connect the negative to, only the positive, and a fan wire...

I am away from my computer right now but I will get back to you in a few hours.

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that's the kit.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Couldn't find any documentation for their particular harness but you need to basically figure out which wire on their harness goes to Pin 20 and connect the blue/black to that. should be good after that.

I emailed them for you to see if they had a manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts