Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas looking to put a methanol kit on my Superchage Stang what kit are y'all running? What hp have y'all gain & et from running a methanol kit. Thanks for the help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
399 Posts
http://prometh.com/ I've had Rodney's kits on all my cars ranging from 400whp all the way to 1,000 + rwhp. Also the only company doing pumpless kits and Promod specific kits. Quality of the components are the best money can buy.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm running the Mr. Freeze it is simple and kinda of cheap, but it works. The only thing is the tank is kinda small so you have to fill it frequently. I don't have any before or after times. In the summer I see IAT's drop to the 120 range from the 160's.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
We used to use Mr. Freeze stuff on everything. Has a few people where the cap came off causing it not to work, also had one where the tank cracked and wasn’t seen causing it not to work and actually hurt the motor twice before we caught it. Last few years we have been using the Snow Kit on everything. Way more adjustability also. Rare we would one without it at this point. I usually get everything right from Mike Plummer as his support is hard to beat.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just received my snow new stage 2 kit in today. hope soon i'll have mine going. Thanks freezy 74 for the little conversation we had. Didn't take long to make my mind us as you can see!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Just received my snow new stage 2 kit in today. hope soon i'll have mine going. Thanks freezy 74 for the little conversation we had. Didn't take long to make my mind us as you can see!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Problem. I'm sure you'll like it. The stage 2 is actually what I used to run. Make sure you let me know how it's going :)

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
I used an Anderson Mr. Freeze for a couple years on a 50/50 mix. It worked great for me as a budget solution. I run two bracket classes that run make runs back to back. The Mr. Freeze allowed me to hot lap the car without hurting consistency. Without the methanol the car wouldn't repeat my dial in. I liked the fact that it injects pre-compressor, there are no electronics, and volume increases linearly with boost. For $150USD and 1hr install it was a bargain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you are not currently running as much boost as you would like because the fuel you're using isn't good enough, adding a water/methanol system can definitely help to allow you to bring the boost up.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Cool do anyone have any before & after times & hp gains. I have read that you can increase boost is this true.

My boost did not change that I saw.
I gained a tad over 80whp with adding a splash of timing and 10GPH nozzle to my car. Even without the timing I think just a 3GPH nozzle gained over 60whp with no changes due to just the cooling affecting adding the timing back in that it was pulling on its own

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow that's some good hp numbers. I'm putting my car back together I lifted a head after it spent & over turn at the track last Sunday. It has gt40 heads 12psi. It will come back out with snow performance stage 1 kit on it. People have been telling me that 12psi is the max for those heads. Before they lift because of the deck surface of the heads

·
Registered
999 Posts
People have been telling me that 12psi is the max for those heads. Before they lift because of the deck surface of the heads

Whoever told you 12psi is max is full of #####. Where do people come up with this stuff? Plenty of people running more boost than that, but as I tell everyone, boost pressure doesnt tell the whole story. My 12psi and your 12psi could be completely different

1 - 20 of 24 Posts