Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the latest with my fox. I added some AFR 205's and had it tuned at XXX Motorsports. Found out it was leaking boost down to 8-9lbs and still made 505rwhp. Since then I found my boost leaks(yes plural). Also I added alcohol/water injection courtesy of Alcohol Injection Systems. I used my windshield wiper resvoir and plumbed the rest.

Yes the car is dirty and a little bit of surface rust(rubber grommets)under the fender, thanks to the red dirt in Hawaii from years past. Where I mounted the pump is where the cruise control used to be, and that part of the unibody has never seen the light of day since it was built in 1993 until now. I'll clean it up though. I am going up to XXX Motorsports tomorrow afternoon to get a tune done, all this on a stock A9L computer and through a TH400! Without further adoo heres some pics.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Installation looks great. One thing though. When mounting the pump and leaving the boost switch attached to it. You may want to place the pump in a location where you can access and adjust the switch. You may also pop the switch off the pump and relocate the switch anywhere you want if need be.

Let me know how everything goes and if you have any questions.

Rodney

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
nice

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Being intercooled and water methanol injected, depending on your boost level your air temps sould be right around ambient. It's common to even see 5-10 degree's below ambient with moderate boost (12-16psi) applications.

Were you able to see what your air temps were at peak boost?

Rodney

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Being intercooled and water methanol injected, depending on your boost level your air temps sould be right around ambient. It's common to even see 5-10 degree's below ambient with moderate boost (12-16psi) applications.

Were you able to see what your air temps were at peak boost?

Rodney

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I was not able to see temps after the spray. I moved my IAT to the maf. I would think there is a way to get another sender in there to find out?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I was not able to see temps after the spray. I moved my IAT to the maf. I would think there is a way to get another sender in there to find out?
Interesting...I would relocate the IAT down stream of the water methanol injection. You can't possibly set up your ECU to pull timing if the unit were to run out or fail with your IAT in the MAF.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Fred, very nice setup. I had the same exact idea on runnng this setup, however I don't know how to go bout having a site gauge for the Level of the meth when your using that windshield washerfluid reservior. Thats the only issue i really see abut that.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, that's a small problem. I have been toping it off before I go anywhere. It doesn't use very much of it though.

It doesnt drain like a bath tub when the pump kicks on, it sips it. lol.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
let me know how that tubing works out. I was really concerned with the amout of heat that turbo puts off, that it wouldn't work well. I'm still tossing around the same idea you had, but I want to be able to see my level.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts