Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i dont know what kinda gains GT500s make on meth. but a safe shot of nitrous would be a better route mayb.
but anyways.

with meth you can turn up the timing quite a bit and you can run more boost and you have to be tuned... sure u knew that tho.. it prevents spark knock. ive seen more than one car blow up bc these guys were running their cars hard on an empty tank. if you do it you better get a 5 gallon tank, bc with the GT500 you will be running a pretty big nozzle. i think 12gph or so. do you research and know what your getting yourself into.

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
i dont know what kinda gains GT500s make on meth. but a safe shot of nitrous would be a better route mayb.
but anyways.

with meth you can turn up the timing quite a bit and you can run more boost and you have to be tuned... sure u knew that tho.. it prevents spark knock. ive seen more than one car blow up bc these guys were running their cars hard on an empty tank. if you do it you better get a 5 gallon tank, bc with the GT500 you will be running a pretty big nozzle. i think 12gph or so. do you research and know what your getting yourself into.
Most meth kits have a control system that senses low level of the fluid and this will trigger a fail-safe that will NOT alter the tune until the fluid level has been replenished.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea I've seen those. I went the cheap route on mine and just used a relay and mechanical boost switch. And don't have a low fluid level indicator. I check it a lot tho. There are ups and downs to Meth.

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Snow Performance has a brand new methanol injection system out that has a plug-in controller. Their new Comp/One system has a touch screen that plugs into your OBD-II port and handles all methanol injection tasks, as well as providing reprogramming for your engine computer.

http://www.corral.net/index.php/news/204-snow-perfomance-compone-makes-methanol-injection-easy

Another possible use for methanol injection would be to use 87-octane fuel and tune the system to compensate. With gas prices going up this could be an economical way to still be able to drive around, since most of the time you don't need the extra octane.

We were going to try this with our old project car, but never got around to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts