Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is my situation.

I had the car tuned up to 20 psi with race gas in it.

I run 15 psi on the street with 93 octane.

Basically what I am wondering is if I hook up a meth kit would that allow me to run 20 psi with 93 octane+ meth?

Would it require tuning for the meth spray?

Im new to the world of meth but I understand it is supposed to be comparable to runnign race gas I was just curious if this is something the tune would need to be adjusted for or if I could just spray it and be good?

I thought I read somewhere that it would lower the A/F ratio a bit.

Truthfully im not looking to run the stuff 100% of the time...just would be nice to flip a switch and be able to run full boost at the track or whenever I feel the need to bump the boost up rather then buying a 75 dollar drum of race gas.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I run over 17 lbs of boost and runs great. Yes it would be advisable to get a tune, it not only increases the octane but lowers the air temps as well. Ask Michael Plummer or Mike Post, either can give you the info you need.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Most race gas is leaded and will ruin your 02 sensors and wideband after a while too. Seems like a 93 octane/Torco mix or 93+straight meth is the only way to go about it with unleaded fuel.

·
Registered
865 Posts
My budy runs 22psi with 91 and meth and when i dyno next month i plan to run ~25psi with 91 and meth. 20psi and 93 and meth will be easy. You will need a retune

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I run 14 psi 93 octane and a snow performance stage 2 meth kit..its like having 116 octane as soon as boost comes in..And yes you would need a re-tune...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
most people will just spray the meth then lean the car out til a/f is right, worst case scenario you'll be rich. Just make sure you have a big enough nozzle for your power goals.

My home made meth kit using washer fluid did wonders for my eaton, but it was stock junk on 10lbs of boost without an intercooler.

·
Registered
108 Posts
im running 20psi at the moment with a 20gph nozzle straight meth. it will be fine but every combo is different. a proper tune and you will be good to go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts