Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Formerly known as 89 steeda
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im moving this from FB to here ...

I have a V2 on my 83 Tbird and it pushing 10psi thru my 98% stock Explorer gt40p motor. This non intercooled and the motor still has its factory hyperutectic pistons.It runs on Microsquirt and so far has run 12.0s at 115 and makes just over 400 at wheels.

My concern is that Im seeing air temps over 200* during a full 1/4 pass with ACT in lower intake runner. I only run 21* total timing under boost but my MS uses Manifold Air Temp timing correction that once temps reach 180* it pulls 1* and once it reaches 200* it pulls 2* more. Im sure this is helping to keep my motor alive but I really would like to lower the air temps below these points to hopefully get back that timing and pick up a few more horsepowers to see if I can break into the 11s.

Sooo I bought an older but new in box Snow stg2 meth kit that uses the Progressive MAF controller. It has two dials that are set to the voltage readings from the MAF for start point and all in. Since im using MS i dont have a MAF so I wired it to my MAP sensor since it should be using the same 0-5v output.

I started with the middle sized nozzle which is 375ml and plumbed it on the inlet of the blower. After doing some reading it seemed this setup was better for what Im trying to do. Im hoping to not be forced to run a different tune for just meth for fear of what will happen to motor should a part of the meth system fail and I rattle the motor because it has a ton more timing in it. I really only want to cool off the blower and the inlet temps enough to get down below 150ish degrees.

Well first try at the track it worked like crap. Setting the dials was a guess at best but it seems it came on around 5-6psi and it went pig rich at 9.0-1 which killed about .60 and 10mph. This was using Snow Boost Juice.

I currently have switched it to straight water with the small 175ml nozzle in hopes this will give me the cooling effect without adding the meth which made it rich. Will be testing this setup in a day or so.

Is anyone else using this same kit and care to share their dial settings?

·
Registered
218 Posts
So Im moving this from FB to here ...

I have a V2 on my 83 Tbird and it pushing 10psi thru my 98% stock Explorer gt40p motor. This non intercooled and the motor still has its factory hyperutectic pistons.It runs on Microsquirt and so far has run 12.0s at 115 and makes just over 400 at wheels.

My concern is that Im seeing air temps over 200* during a full 1/4 pass with ACT in lower intake runner. I only run 21* total timing under boost but my MS uses Manifold Air Temp timing correction that once temps reach 180* it pulls 1* and once it reaches 200* it pulls 2* more. Im sure this is helping to keep my motor alive but I really would like to lower the air temps below these points to hopefully get back that timing and pick up a few more horsepowers to see if I can break into the 11s.

Sooo I bought an older but new in box Snow stg2 meth kit that uses the Progressive MAF controller. It has two dials that are set to the voltage readings from the MAF for start point and all in. Since im using MS i dont have a MAF so I wired it to my MAP sensor since it should be using the same 0-5v output.

I started with the middle sized nozzle which is 375ml and plumbed it on the inlet of the blower. After doing some reading it seemed this setup was better for what Im trying to do. Im hoping to not be forced to run a different tune for just meth for fear of what will happen to motor should a part of the meth system fail and I rattle the motor because it has a ton more timing in it. I really only want to cool off the blower and the inlet temps enough to get down below 150ish degrees.

Well first try at the track it worked like crap. Setting the dials was a guess at best but it seems it came on around 5-6psi and it went pig rich at 9.0-1 which killed about .60 and 10mph. This was using Snow Boost Juice.

I currently have switched it to straight water with the small 175ml nozzle in hopes this will give me the cooling effect without adding the meth which made it rich. Will be testing this setup in a day or so.

Is anyone else using this same kit and care to share their dial settings?
I am adding meth toward the end of this week and I plan on running VP M1 mixed 50/50 with it being triggered by my PiMP ECU via TPS and RPM values. My question to you is why not run the same boost juice but with the reduced nozzle size and then get more data? Are you data logging at all? One thing I know for sure is that you do not want to trim your fuel table, reducing nozzle size first I believe is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
it is probably going to keep working like crap. The blower is consuming all of the cooling effect. You need a nozzle in the discharge tube.

EDIT: from talking with some people on another forum, it is looking like they recommend placement in the inlet. I have the 625 nozzle. My act dropped from 172 to 164 in a 3rd gear pull. I am commanding 11.7 and I am getting 10.7 to 10.9 from 3600 to redline. I am probably going to water down the napa -20 washer fluid and try again.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
I used an Anderson Mr. Freeze for a couple seasons when I was supercharged. It sprays in the inlet of the blower similar to what you are trying. I tried straight water with the logic that it wouldnt affect the tune. The car did not like it - mega bog even on the smallest jet. I switched to 50/50 water meth and got the performance I was looking for. BUT - I had to lean the tune out on the ECU. I set the meth kit up to drop 0.50 point of AFR and got the air charge temps I was looking for. For my street tune I ran the car rich incase the meth tank ran out. But at the track I leaned it out and adding timing for best performance. Picked up mega consistency spraying at the blower inlet. I am a bracket racer and it helped alot IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts