Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a set of Megabite Jr's on my car for years.

Just curious, whats the 2nd hole/location on the axle side of the lower control arms do?

I'm considering trying it just to see what it does....not that I've had traction issues, just curious.

Where do you guys run them?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey Blown-93LX.

The 2 sets of holes change the instant center geometry of the rear end. The lower holes on the axle side will bring the instant center back towards the rear of the car.

Selecting this setting will hit the tires harder. It will also be harder on parts.

Back when I was running a 306, with a 100 shot out of the hole, using a 5-speed I would 1.3 60fts. Using the bottom mount holes. I also have my torque boxes extremely reinforced. I have Wild Rides upper and lower battle boxes, with "kicker bars" coming off of my cage to all 4 torque boxes.

If they are not reinforced, you will rip them out.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. I'll have to keep that in mind. Right now I run the upper hole and it hooks great. But if that becomes and issue I'll have to do something with the torque boxes first. I've got the kicker bars from the cage going to all four, but I haven't done anything on the outside yet....knock on wood I won't need to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts