Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy from work is a sh*t talker about everything besides what he owns, he just bought an 08 Vette Stock, he wants to run my car in a few weeks when it is back together, with my stuff (Signature) how does an 1/8 or 1/4 mile race look like turning out?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Dont say anything to him about you having a chance. You don't... Sorry.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Wow........for the love of christ dont dig the grave yet.........Does he have any drag racing experience? Of course your chances are much better in the 1/8th. Do the race on your terms, 1/8th. mile-pro-tree..........Is his car fast? Hell yeah! Does that mean he'll win? Hell no! We have to drive these cars kids dont forget that..........or you can ask the "700hp" blown viper that my wifes aod beat in the 1/8th. a little while back................and if you lose? Well you just got beat by a $50g ride.......whats to be ashamed of?

Good luck and have fun:)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I would think everything being perfect you would both ET about the same but he will have a large advantage in the MPH department. So make sure its from a dig.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1/8 not worried about dont think he will hook, 1/4 yea he will have the mph... but still dont think he knows howe to drive it

·
Registered
457 Posts
Depends. Not sure the yr, but a guy at our track not only went thru the water, he did no burnout with street tires. LOL Not that doing a burnout on street tires helps, but I'm sure the water was worse. :)

Then he had the traction control still on. Just give him good advice like that and winning should be cake.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Are you going to run with the slicks? If not in the 1/4 mile I'm say he beats you if he can drive. In the 1/8 mile with slicks I think you can get him. I have both a superchargered stang and vette. The vette is fast but the stang is quick! Take him out the hole and just run to the 1/8. Do it now before he makes any changes. Once he do it's all over. Good luck!
MIKE

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
The all new 6.2L LS3 motor in the 2008 vettes is superb. 426hp/428tq

I have seen these things go, and I will bet money on it, that he pulls away from you no matter what, in the first 100' They are running 12.60's on street tires @ 112-114mph bone stock at our dragstrip.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea will be running the slicks in the 1/8

·
Registered
317 Posts

Look at it this way....

He has a $50 000 car + taxes.....and will pay more in insurance over the next 3 years than you possibly have into your car.

I say tell him to go #### his mother cause you didnt build your car to prove anything to anyone.

And then remind him that his car will be worth $30 000 in 3 years....plus the cost of insurance over the 3 yr period....$3500+ yr.....

For a total loss of $30 500 for enjoying his car and giving him the ability to talk ####.....

A local guy bought a Big Dog chopper....and it was the baddest mother ####er going....until it went head to head with my R1.......totally different style bike mind you....but I havent heard a peep since.

As for the racing him, it doesnt matter if HE wins or loses he will still talk ####....

Perry

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
oh gee wiz go kill the rookie with the 50g car will ya. I see it all tear long, guys with 500 hp cars that go slow. your setup should be a high 11. Waiste him! good luck

·
Registered
571 Posts
summit will deliver a n2o kit right to your house. 250 shot and some traction! he will be selling his vette because he spent too much to be beat by an old mustang. go get 'em!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Vettes vs Stangs

I too own a 2002 vette. It doesn't matter if you beat them or not, they will just say anything can be made to go faster. Their favorite thing to say on the corvette forum is no matter what...it's still just a mustang. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
644 Posts
I too own a 2002 vette. It doesn't matter if you beat them or not, they will just say anything can be made to go faster. Their favorite thing to say on the corvette forum is no matter what...it's still just a mustang. :rolleyes:
Correction: Rustang
My insurance is less on the vette than my mustang. Also get better gas mileage. I think they're both great cars but can't be compared head to head. Enjoy what ever you drive.
MIKE

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Hey Mike! We never met but we friends through Damone! lol

·
Registered
862 Posts
this is great. 10 years ago it was pretty common for n/a stock shortblock efi 5 liters to run low [email protected]+ mph with TFS heads, an e cam and a cobra intake. this car has a transbrake, a good carburetor and better intake, hopefully a better cam and deep gears and yet its going everyone thinks its going to get its ass handed to it. wow. with the right cam abd supporting parts that setup should run 11s. i guess Jay Allen was right about people these days not knowing what a properly set up car is.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I think you should take him if not at least give him a run for his money. If you lose come back next week with a 100 shot.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You are in a 'no lose' situation.

If you lose, 'hey, it's just a Mustang'; for 50K you ought to win.

If you win, he'll hang himself as he lost to a '82 Mustang and spent 50K to take one up the pooter.

As someone else said, get a quick NO2 kit and use those slicks and crush him like a grape. Even without the NO2 it could be a good race.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts