Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
McLeod Street Twin Disc Clutch

McLeod street twin disc clutch. Clutch has 500 street miles, can't totally confirm that, but I bought it from a local Corral member, we know a few of the same people who say he's a standup guy and it does look lightly used.

Kit Part # 691307
Discs (61072-07)
Pressure Plate (610991)
26-spline
10.5 inch

This is McLeod's older version street twin before they were designated an RST or RXT. Billy from McLeod tech said at the time of production this was their best street twin clutch. I bought it with a TKO 600 for my fox body setup, but it came out of a mod motor car, so I couldn't use the flywheel and figured I could use my billet steel flywheel. Billy told me it needed a McLeod specific flywheel (part #64-301-50), but I didn't want to spend any more money and just put it in a box in my loft. It will also need a bushing/spacer kit (cheap) from McLeod as they have a specific spacing procedure on the setup with these older versions, the clutch didn't come with it. If you go to their site, it is all spelled out in the installation instructions, it is very straight forward.

I am looking to get $300 shipped for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, never got the flywheel with it. I opted out of it for a reduced price since I have a fox body and thought the clutch would have worked with my Motorsport billet flywheel, but these older version street twins use a McLeod specific flywheel.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any idea of the torque rating on it?
Sorry, don't have the exact torque numbers. This is an original street twin clutch according to Billy at McLeod. They rate it for well over 1000-1200rwhp. McLeod's site or google can probably answer the torque rating question.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts