Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am slowly piecing together the 82 for drag racing this season. I have the G60s already and will be switching to full slicks when they are done. What are your best 60ft times with them? I will be working on my suspension next so I would like a ballpark 60ft to shoot for. The best I had in my '65 was a 2.1X but that was a peg leg setup for roadracing.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I got several 60's around 1.85-1.90 last week on mine. I set them at 12psi, no burn out, popped the clutch at 3000, car would dead hook then bog, then go. Some say 9psi with a burnout is optimal. My big feet don't allow heel-toe or jump on the brake methods, so I launch them w/ a slight dry hop. Might try 4k-5k launch next time, but scared of my high mileage stock drivetrain.

If I tried to ease them out or slowly let up the clutch pedal they would spin. Pop the clutch, wait for the car to move, then floor it seemed to work well. 89 LX, stock engine, 3.55's, 4cyl. springs, 13.40-13.60's at 101-102mph.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Interesting. I have some Hoosier dirt tire that I will try this summer.

You think that they hook better with no burnout?????

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think the tires would obviously be better with a burn-out, but can't do one at the time. That being said, they have worked for me w/ no burnout. I'm only putting down 235hp to the though.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
best 60ft 2.01 in aod stang with stock converter and stock longblock with 130,000 on odom.had to run 26-28 psi to let it spin 1 or 2 revs so it wouldnt bog "full weight" car down

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Math302HO said:
Interesting. I have some Hoosier dirt tire that I will try this summer.

You think that they hook better with no burnout?????
Hoosier Dirt Bozz (Boss?) tires? If so I had a pair in the G60 15 a long way back and they weren't too bad. Mine liked heat, lots of it. No burnout would spin but nicely toast them and mid 1.8's were the norm. Ran mid 12's at the time @ 110 with them.

Not slicks but a huge improvement over the regular radials.

·
Registered
77 Posts
They are 245/60/15 dirt tire. I don't remind seeing BOSS on them?

This is the thread of them. They seem effectivly to hook better than street tire, there is absolutly no comparaison there. :)

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
As long as they are soft and gummy it should be a good improvement over a radial.

Dirt tires rock for cheap traction!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. If I can get down to the 1.8X range on stock suspension I will be happy. With that I should be in the 12's on motor. I am looking at swaping in the 4Cyl springs

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I used to run the McCreary G-60-15 Road Star's and the Hoosier H-60-15 Super Dirt Boss's on my 78 Futura with a bone stock rear suspension. I cut consistent low 1.6's and every now and then I'd cut a high 1.5. The McCreary's lasted longer on the street.
I didn't do a burnout with either one though. Just pull around the water, and do 1-2 good dry hops. Mine would hook great, even on the NOS.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts