Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the girly and I may be moving together to Maryland in a year after she gets her masters degree. So one of my first thoughts was what Maryland is like with cars like ours. I know I need to replace the off-road H-pipe for the visual inspection, but what else will I have to worry about compared to NJ?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Tint, emissions and safety components for Maryland State Inspection..you will only need to do this one time to get the car tagged and registered in MD..I know some states require a safety inspection yearly such as PA. Every 2 years you need to pass the sniffer test on a dyno and get a visual of cats on the car (they put a mirrior under to check). If the car fails, you need to have it repaired or spend at least $400 trying to correct the issue. No corrections beyond the cats are acceptable. If your car sits too low, they give you a waiver since it will not go on the rollers without scraping. I did not have a problem passing with my car with the cats installed.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, good to know. I have no tint and I'm keeping EGR and whatnot on the engine for now. So all I have to worry about is cats for the visual.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
OK, good to know. I have no tint and I'm keeping EGR and whatnot on the engine for now. So all I have to worry about is cats for the visual.
Should be ok. Within 3-6 months of registering your car in Maryland, you will receive a notice to get your emissions done..it's like clockwork, so if you put your stock H back on for inspection, you might as well leave it one until you get that notice. Just a little advice from someone thats been there!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should be ok. Within 3-6 months of registering your car in Maryland, you will receive a notice to get your emissions done..it's like clockwork, so if you put your stock H back on for inspection, you might as well leave it one until you get that notice. Just a little advice from someone thats been there!

Well, I'm looking to do a permanent installation of a MAC H-pipe with cats.

How often do they put you on the sniffer?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had a 93 Notch with a 331, ported heads, X-cam, headers, HF Catted BBK H-Pipe, flowmasters, no air pump and virtually all the stock emission stuff pulled out.

Car went through the sniffer no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts