Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May try taking the car to the track next week end, does anyone think it can go 13.00? The car is a STOCK '91 coupe that has plastic race seats, no AC, no P/S, and the battery has been moved to the back. Hoping it weighs @3000 or under. The car is a 5spd. now and has 28x11.5x15 ET streets and will have 4.10's in it by tommorrow afternoon. I can drive pretty good but have minimal seat time in this car. I would like to see just how fast i can go with a stock motor before i start putting the nitrous or windsor in it. The car also has lakewood 90/10 and 50/50 on it as well, but the rest of the suspension is stock.

·
Registered
634 Posts
If its a "bone stock" motor it can be done but i'm going to say with the heat and those TALL tires it'll be a chore even with the 4.10's...........try a 26in. tire, preferablly a slick, shortie belt, ice the crap out of it and you'll also have to BEAT the snot out of it and you can do it..........i've been proven wrong many times though:)

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm not gonna be dissapointed if it don't go 00's, I'll be happy with some 60's-70's. I wish i would have bought 26's instead of 28's as i tend to think your right about them holding me back. We'll see and i'll let everyone know how it go's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts