Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maximum Motorsports Torque Arm Bushing issue? SOLVED

I recently noticed a strong thump/thunk in the seat of my pants when I shift gears, even under moderate accels. Happens for all gears and when I goose the throttle in gear. I don't really feel a thump on downshifts (engine braking torque). I put the car in the air and checked all the rear suspension bolt torques, and any other red flags. Then had someone run through the gears while I watched underneath. Best I can tell, the torque arm front bushing has slop, and is causing it to slap upward when new gear gets torque. I can move the arm near the front bushing and feel a light clunk with moderate force by hand.

Anyone else have this issue? Are replacement bushings available (didn't see them on MM website)? Other solutions?

Thanks,
Frank

edit: I just realized that is the one bolt I have not checked torque on, maybe the bushing bolt needs to be retorqued?

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
For torque/install guidance, check the on-line install instructions. MM sells most replacement parts for their products. Generally you have to call them for the specific part.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For torque/install guidance, check the on-line install instructions. MM sells most replacement parts for their products. Generally you have to call them for the specific part.
Called direct and replacement is on the way!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New bushings next to old ones. Old ones had 6,000-8,000 track miles, lubed every 3-4 events. They had lost their taper completely, and were obviously seeing axial friction. Looks like they need to be lubed after every event to keep them healthy ....

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts