Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, 98 cobra Boss 5.3 currently with vortech s-trim at 11.5psi with 3.48 pulley and stock bosch bypass valve. Going to do the si upgrade and a 3.4 pulley. Will the maxflow be enough or should I do the mondo? Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was running the standard bosch vented to atmosphere with my v2 si at 16 pounds on my 347. Never had an problems with it but I also had the bypass before my a2a intercooler.

Sent from my Z962BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was also wondering about venting to atmosphere. Would I need to retune for that or not?

·
Registered
270 Posts
As long as the maf sensor is after the bov, you should be fine. If the maf is before the bov, you need to keep it recirculating.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so if I keep it recirculating I know I have to weld a bigger fitting and flange on the discharge tube. What needs to be done on the power pipe side, do I have to weld a larger fitting or can I just use an adapter to hook up to the existing 1in fitting?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Best to use a larger fitting on the powerpipe so it won't be a choke point

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree but at my level would it really be an issue? Vortech said that it's not really about the flow ability but I'm at the range where they see an increase in valve failure and it would be better to upgrade.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Give it a try and find out if you need to go bigger. Even with it recirculating, you will hear it flutter if it's not able to dump enough air. The biggest drawback I've had from the standard Bosch bpv is that it's not adjustable. Having it close and build boost around 5 inch/hg of vacuum would be nice, instead of waiting until 0.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Change to a "110" or "114" Bosch valve. Same size externally and flows tons more then the stock 102 or 103 valve that I had originally. I would try that before welding flanges on. That's what I did running around 15lbs on my s trim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts