Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how fast, and how high dyno numbers you guys are seeing with this turbo. I know its an Ebay special, but with our previous set-up, we went [email protected] which consisted of:
stock 351W
Trick flow aluminum heads
home made turbo [email protected] home made A/W intercooler.
No tune, just set a high fuel pressure and let it ride.
redneck performance c-4 tranny with 3000 TB.

We ended up blowing a head gasket, and just decided to pull the motor. cars new set up will be:
351W punched out to 393 stroker with girdle
Pro comp 225cc heads
same MPT70 Turbo and kit @ atleast 20lbs.
going into a 300lb lighter coupe instead of GT.

My question is do you guys think this turbo is going to lose steam with the bigger motor on more boost? has anyone gone in the 8's on one of these turbos?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
with more displacement and higher flowing heads you will make the same power at less boost. to go quicker and make more boost or power youll need to upgrade the turbo

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
MPT70 .96 4.6 dohc stock bore stock stroke cleaned up heads stock cams c4 355 gear 17psi on mp109 lifting at the 1100' mark because something wasnt right in the rear suspension went 9.33 @ 146

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Mine ran consistantly in the high 9's with a best of 141mph (11-12psi), actually almost identical times to you. Mine made 578rw on the dyno on 12psi.

Glide
Wedge Heads
Holley Int
Ebay A/A
95gt

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, JIMS SVT gives me a little more motivation to get going. Im in Korea right now so all progress is at a halt until DEC. going to run a 3.08 gear I and push 20+PSI... Im going to get this turbo into the 8's, I know it wont be good for long--after I do it ill go with a turbonetics. 80 or 88mm.

Thanks Guys..

·
Registered
883 Posts
yep, the launch. gotta get the launch.

·
Registered
691 Posts
local buddy of mine ran 8.4x with a pair of MP70s. 400"sbc street car. These are a great turbo. good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
422 Posts
to the OP, i definately think you will have problems trying to push 20 psi on a 393 with just a 70mm. Going to need to upgrade that turbo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Haven't been to the track yet but went to the dyno this weekend. mp70 with .68 housing, stock motor explorer intake with head studs and 255 pump w/BAP and 75# injectors with e85. thru an AOD
13 psi 484 rwhp and 570 rwtq.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts