Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just wondering if this turbo would be good for a stock longblock diy build. I am tryin to research what all the spec's mean, Any quick breakdown of what spec's to look for for stock longblock in the 400 to 450 hp range? I know a lot of you are in this range, and I was wondering what you think! Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I returned your PM.

Have you allready bought the turbo??

I like my "smallish" 62-1 but I never really plan to do a whole lot to the motor either!!! IF it wasnt going to stay a stock longblock I prolly would have went with a T-70

with a 62-1 (.81 a/r) and stock longblock I see full boost (10psi) at about 32000-3500. I would GUESS about 420HP 3100lbs car trapping 120 mph but no dyno proof yet. lol One day I will get it on the dyno and get a tune.

·
Formerly known as 20thAniv
1,275 Posts
I've been running that turbo on my car for a few years now and it works awesome. My motor has E7s that I did a little port work on the exhaust side and had bigger valves put in. I also did a little port work on the #1 and #5 intake runners of the stock lower intake. Other than that, my motor is basically the same as stock. I'm even running the stock TB and cam. The last time I took my car to the track, I ran back to back 11.05 @ 127 with my clutch slipping when I grabbed 3rd and 4th. My car weighed 3415 with me in it that night. I run 18 lbs of boost with pump gas and meth injection. Spool time is about the same as what red89coupe sees.

·
4,305 Posts
I returned your PM.

Have you allready bought the turbo??

I like my "smallish" 62-1 but I never really plan to do a whole lot to the motor either!!! IF it wasnt going to stay a stock longblock I prolly would have went with a T-70

with a 62-1 (.81 a/r) and stock longblock I see full boost (10psi) at about 32000-3500. I would GUESS about 420HP 3100lbs car trapping 120 mph but no dyno proof yet. lol One day I will get it on the dyno and get a tune.
Only thing is I would not say a T-netics T70 is comparable to a MP70. So a MP60-1 I would think is a bit less turbo than a T-netics 62-1. I had a T-netics 62-1 many years and always felt it was a near perfect sized turbo for a stock or just beyond stock 302 Mustang.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hey guys, I was just wondering if this turbo would be good for a stock longblock diy build. I am tryin to research what all the spec's mean, Any quick breakdown of what spec's to look for for stock longblock in the 400 to 450 hp range? I know a lot of you are in this range, and I was wondering what you think! Thanks for the help
I'm happy with mine:joy:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
My first set of Turbos were a pair of 60-1's. I put down 908 rwhp on 20 psi with 427 cubes. I think they were pretty much maxed out. They sure did spool fast though..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts