Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ow much power are people making with a Master Power 76mm? And what is your combo?

I have a MP 76mm with a T4 turbine housing .96 a/r, and I am almost positive that it is the "P" Trim. At 18psi, mine is making about 650hp, but from 6,000-7,000 rpm, the car loses about 200-250 hp. I do not know if the turbo is maxed out or if I am having other issues with the car. On 16psi, the car makes about 615hp and carries the power all the way to 7,000 rpm without any problems. This is on a 281cc Cobra motor with a stock heads and stock cams through a 6 speed trans.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
valve spring float is my guess
That was what I have been thinking, but its hard to be sure. There was a guy back in 1998 with a LS1 who claimed he had a MP 76 maxing out around 700hp. I believe that the MP 76 is only rated to 800hp at the crank.

·
Registered
873 Posts
that or your blowing the spark out...whats the air fuel doing on the higher boost pulls.

blowing the spark out it will go fat. so will valve float, but not as bad. it has to be either or.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I made 700 whp with my mp 76. My set up is a 327 dart shortblock decent brodix heads tfs stage 1 cam edelbrock victor 5.0 intake. The trans is a turbo 400 with ucc convertor. Mine made same power at 21lbs or 27lbs of boost. Im sure the turbo was maxed. Keep in mind my combo was miss match parts not in favor of a turbo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that or your blowing the spark out...whats the air fuel doing on the higher boost pulls.

blowing the spark out it will go fat. so will valve float, but not as bad. it has to be either or.
The a/f stays around 11:8. I doubt its loosing spark because the a/f never has a drastic change. I am sort of leaning towards valve float.

I have a graph of when the car made 695hp on 19-20psi, but there were 3 leaks before the turbo and causing it to spool very slow. The 695hp pull was cut short because the mass air meter was acting up.

I have worked on a few 700-900hp turbo 4 valve motors that have had stock valve springs, and they did not have any problems with valve float. I do not see why mine would be any different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts