Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help i have a 86gt with a on3 kit. The car has a pro -m mass air on it ,i sent it too them to have it recalibrated for the kit and i was told it must be calibrated for a blow through set-up? Don't know if this was right because i am now getting 12 volts across the entire mass air.Took the car to the dyno 2weeks ago and went lean right away my tuner said the mass air is bad. Please help me if you can thanks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well it sounds like you had it running on the car before the turbo. Did you do the conversion yourself? Were is the meter located on the piping in relation to the turbo? Im sure you told them everything like the injectors and all. Never really heard of pro-m messing up, maybe something is weird? Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Could you give a little more info, what where you and tuner using to measure voltage? a meter usually peg's right under 5V if that is occurring. 12 V should not come in the equation. What is the meter calibrated for injector size? and injectors being used. Where is the meter located in piping, was this a weld on flange/sensor setup.

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it sounds like you had it running on the car before the turbo. Did you do the conversion yourself? Were is the meter located on the piping in relation to the turbo? Im sure you told them everything like the injectors and all. Never really heard of pro-m messing up, maybe something is weird? Do you have any pictures?
Yes it was running when it was supercharged,car was converted when i bought it and my tuner check the whole wiring harness and it is perfect.The is located on the piping right of the throttle body in side the fender well before the intercooler.Car has 42lbs and yes i told them eveything just waiting to get the pipe and meter back from them now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you give a little more info, what where you and tuner using to measure voltage? a meter usually peg's right under 5V if that is occurring. 12 V should not come in the equation. What is the meter calibrated for injector size? and injectors being used. Where is the meter located in piping, was this a weld on flange/sensor setup.

Thanks, Chris
I used a volt meter to check the voltage. Injector size is 42lbs and are ford motor sports. Meter is between throttle body and the inter cooler. I had a flange welded on and put my pro m meter in it. Pro M told me I didn't need it calibrated at all, I was fine with what I had. They said it didn't need to be re-calibrated for a blow-thru. As long as I didn't change the injector size or the processor, I was fine with what I had. Yet they re-calibrated it anyway.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
I used a volt meter to check the voltage. Injector size is 42lbs and are ford motor sports. Meter is between throttle body and the inter cooler. I had a flange welded on and put my pro m meter in it. Pro M told me I didn't need it calibrated at all, I was fine with what I had. They said it didn't need to be re-calibrated for a blow-thru. As long as I didn't change the injector size or the processor, I was fine with what I had. Yet they re-calibrated it anyway.
This is actually true for the most part but calibration in meter can be variable, bare in mind that when a meter and or sensor (coming form a draw through config.) will be different is blow through setup and location of sensor..this will make a difference, as this now will be handled in the calibration (tune) for correction. Likely the sensor was tested on a flow bench/and or re calibrated since 12V what shown at one time, just making sure it was not a faulty sensor. Once the car is calibrated correctly you should have no problems, Good Luck.

Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I see now. I miss understood you first post. They still have it and are recalibrating it to blow through now. I read it as you already had it calibrated as blow through and you were getting 12v, asking if they were correct or not. Then I guess the correct answer would be yes, it needs to be and should make all the difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts