Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35,449 Posts
Go to fordmuscle or muscleford (I can't ever remember) .com and check out their product feedback section. The March ram air has probably the worst feedback of any product I looked at in that section. Racers liked it, but streeters didn't like the way it picked up debris and water - neither of which the engine likes.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
~10hp

·
Registered
113 Posts
No real world way to dyno ram air. Unless you work the formula, which consists of you a passenger a stopwatch and a truck weigh scale. I'll try to look up the math behind it if anyone is interested. It is the same math that the G-Tech meters use.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
never use ram-air unfiltered air type setups on any motor you expect to get a lot of life out of.

Just look at the efforts GM took with the LS1 "ram" air setup on the WS6. What an amazing effort they took to give the appearance of ram air and yet restrict it enough with a convoluted setup that manages to limit the ram-air effectiveness yet saves the motor with plenty of warranty happy filtration.

I will never run ram air again (true ram air) on any motor I hope to get some miles out of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts