Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys I traded for a basket case car, it is a 96 GT with a 70mm turbo but not finished. I am running the exhaust now, but yesterday I noticed the MAP sensor with no lines to it except the wiring harness. Isn't the MAP sensor needed?

Found the answer to the suspension. Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A turbo section and quite a few guys have done this but nobody knows?? Odd.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Well at 6:05pm I'm usually eating dinner or watching icarly, dino dan or the latest show my 6 year old likes. So a little patience helps. From what I know u always need a vac line connected to ur MAP sensor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patience, this post was up yesterday not today when you replied.

Anyways the car has the stock computer that will be tuned with an SCT tuner, car has 38lb. injectors??, SCT maf, and 70mm turbo. I figured the Map sensor needed hooked up but thought maybe the PO new something I did not yet know. This is my first Mod motor Mustang and first turbo setup that I have to finish on an original NA car. I really don't know what I am doing yet and obviously the PO did not either.

The PO put the turbo on and left stock tune in the computer and wondered why it would cut out when it went to boost.:rolleyes::shakehead. He left the ABS motor laying on a crossover pipe, let the PS lines lay on the header, and was driving the car with no exhaust at all. I could not pass up the trade offer though the Mustang is fairly clean and I traded a 1G awd DSM that had hail damage. I am new to this so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry if I came of as being an A**, I was just saying with all the views and nobody knows, I find it odd being in a section where many of us are using turbos. I am completely lost on what is needed on a mustang when turbo'd and I am in a hurry to get the car sone as it is needed. I have been into DSM's since 98 so turbos are not new to me, just what is all needed on these cars is. I wish I had people local to me that would be willing to help or look over the setup.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Turbo setups are all the same. They all require the same parts. No prob I felt like an ass and u just helped me realize that lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
could have had a anderson on it which would have used that map sensor
I don't think it did. The guy just put the turbo on it, and never got it tuned. It did come with an SCT tuner but not setup yet. I don't know if a 96 had a map sensor or not but I would say so since it has one. I just find it odd it is unhooked with caps over the vacuum holes?? I am going to hook it back up because it adjusts fuel and timing based on engine load. Now I am just looking for a base tune to get the car driveable so I can get it tuned.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I don't think it did. The guy just put the turbo on it, and never got it tuned. It did come with an SCT tuner but not setup yet. I don't know if a 96 had a map sensor or not but I would say so since it has one. I just find it odd it is unhooked with caps over the vacuum holes?? I am going to hook it back up because it adjusts fuel and timing based on engine load. Now I am just looking for a base tune to get the car driveable so I can get it tuned.
I'm not very up on mod motors, but I don't think my '96 has a map sensor - I'll look for sure tomorrow and let you know. If I were you, I'd ditch that stock computer junk and get a standalone lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not very up on mod motors, but I don't think my '96 has a map sensor - I'll look for sure tomorrow and let you know. If I were you, I'd ditch that stock computer junk and get a standalone lol.
This car has a Map sensor connector in the factory wiring harness. Standalone is not a bad idea, just to much money for me. For all I need/want at this time is a decent running car. I am not after 600 or 700 hp, just want a good performing street beast that does not spit out spark plugs. The factory computer should be able to handle what I plan to do with no problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts