Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
i tried to run that set up, it did not work. I had the granitelli pick up tube and the pump would suck the pickup against the tank while driving.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I have this setup on a glenns sleeper tank, bob kurgan put it all together for me and said it sucks air anything below a quarter tank, which is frustrating but just keep it above half a tank I suppose

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I run the setup and I can run it down to "E" just fine. I dont let it go below half tank when racing but took it to "E" a few times to test how far I could go before it sucked air...NEVER DID. I have had ZERO probs from my setup. Follow the instructions. I run a 5/8 vent on my tank and feed is less than 18" from the inlet of the feed tube to pump inlet, MF suggests less than 24". I also run heavy gauge wire and a fuel cooler. I'm not sure if I need the fuel cooler, but I'm sure it can't hurt.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Granatelli pickup here with an A1000 mounted to the front of the tank cover, 3/4 vent, no issues here, last time I filled up it took 14gallons! No fuel starving problems like I had with my sumped tank. Car is mostly street driven and I always fill it up just before going to the track, just in case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts