Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a new MAF sensor as Im pegging my current one with the new build. 363 with a 78mm. I would like to try and run my current computer if I can get a MAF sensor that wont peg. Any suggestions? I currently have a PMAS (i think) with the weld on block. Need one that will fit in the current block. Current MAF sensor has the ACT sensor built in the MAF. Is there anyone making serious power without having to go to a complete stand alone. (Fast,BS3 etc?)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
What calibration is you MAF sensor? If you run a sensor with a calibration for larger injectors, it will not peg as early. The bigger the injector a MAF is calibrated for, the higher the resistance that sensor has, so it sends a lower voltage signal back to the computer. So you can make more power without pegging the MAF. You don't need a MAF element calibrated for your specific injector size. Most of the cars I tune don't have a MAF that is calibrated for the size of injectors being used.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its calibrated for 60lbers but im running 120lb ones and just change the count in the tune via moate quarter horse. Along with a number of other things. Injector slopes......etc,etc....

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Need a new MAF sensor as Im pegging my current one with the new build. 363 with a 78mm. I would like to try and run my current computer if I can get a MAF sensor that wont peg. Any suggestions? I currently have a PMAS (i think) with the weld on block. Need one that will fit in the current block. Current MAF sensor has the ACT sensor built in the MAF. Is there anyone making serious power without having to go to a complete stand alone. (Fast,BS3 etc?)
Actually yes there is a solution for this with given combo and high horsepower cars still retaing a common 3' pipe blow through configuration for example . It is a special slot style meter HPX-X race meter, It simply allows more range with pipe size used, we have several guys making over 750 Rwhp + with this meter in a 3' pipeing retaining resolution. I don't offer it on the forums usually so there is no confusion with the standard slot style meters. Send me a PM if interested and further details.

Thanks.
PAS,Inc.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Actually yes there is a solution for this with given combo and high horsepower cars still retaing a common 3' pipe blow through configuration for example . It is a special slot style meter HPX-X race meter, It simply allows more range with pipe size used, we have several guys making over 750 Rwhp + with this meter in a 3' pipeing retaining resolution. I don't offer it on the forums usually so there is no confusion with the standard slot style meters. Send me a PM if interested and further details.

Thanks.
PAS,Inc.

i have this meter and made 775rw through an auto with it...

·
Registered
904 Posts
What about the SCT BA-5000 slot style meter?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
SCT BA5000 here. I run 2 of them. One on my black turbo that makes 500 to wheels on mustang dyno, the other is almost tuned (have to change springs on heads) and that car is in my sig.

What I like so much about the 05+ slot meter is the fact the ACT sensor (or IAT however you want to call it) is located with the maf meter. Also they are relatively cheap and easy to tune. Really good signal.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Rbell, should I ask my tuner guy if he can what tune around or what. Because if I can save 100 bucks not getting my maf recalibrated but still get my dyno tune that would be awesome. What should I ask exactly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts