Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering some MAF recommendations for my turbo set up and Anderson PMS series 4 for tuning. I was looking at either a Pro-M drop in blow through meter or a slot style. This is my first turbo car and first experience with computer tuning. The PMS seems very user friendly.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using an old school pro-M univer. blow through meter for 50lb injectors and a PMS 4. So far so good.
I actually called Chris from PAS today and he suggested a calibrated blow through Pro-M meter with my PMS. He said that Pro-M actually has a certain calibration that they use for cars that are being tuned by a PMS.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
absolute non sense

buy the best money can buy, pmas hpx-e slot maf and be done with it

any of the calibrated tonsil style mafs are 30 year old tech and not as accurate

Reactions: GNSVO

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
absolute non sense

buy the best money can buy, pmas hpx-e slot maf and be done with it

any of the calibrated tonsil style mafs are 30 year old tech and not as accurate
Would I be able to tune for the slot style MAF with the PMS 4? I know there are better tuning options out there, just wondering what can be done with my PMS.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I don't think you can use the PMS with the slot style meters. There is no way to enter the transfer function. I could be wrong though. If anyone here does it, I would like to know how because I run a draw through PMAS meter and a PMS.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The only way you can run a slot style sensor with a Anderson PMS is if you piggy back the PMS with a chip. The chip would have the slot style sensor transfer function. A blow thru type set up (ProM pro-tube) will work fine if the placement is right.

·
Registered
236 Posts
We can put a PMS curve on any of our slot mafs. All of the PMS curves are set to your injector on top and 19LB at idle. this is done to keep from throwing a low maf voltage code at idle when using a PMS.

We worked with Anderson to develop these curves when we made mafs for them.

·
Registered
449 Posts
So you can use a slot style with the pms4 without a chip? I've been trying to figure this out for weeks and can't get a straight answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts