Ford Mustang Forums banner

made some passes in the 408

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Wildstreet 
#1 ·
It was a pedal fest all night long. Having the new car blues, trying to get the car to hook. The last pass of the night started to come around, but we are not there yet. Best 60' was a 1.58 still backing out of it off the hit and getting back in it. We did not have time to take the 4.10's out, so I had to lift just before the 1000' cones, still went a 11.01@124.5 with the 275-50-15's

#4 ·
The last pass the front of the car looks better. The rear is doing something funny. need to plot it out and see what you have. The inital hit looks good but it falls appart from there.

#11 ·
Craig, it went just shy of 100 mph in the 1/8th. It still has your old suspension in the rear, un-touched. Still exactly the same as the day I brought it home. I just thought I would give it a try. Use it as a baseline before all the Team-Z stuff goes in and the 3.55's. OH, I do have a maximum motorsport rear anti-roll bar in it now.

#7 ·
Not a bad first outing. Slap a 28" tire on it and see what happens.

#8 ·
whats the engine combo? tranny/converter.

#13 ·
With a stick I can see doing that, but I am looking for 132mph trap speed. With a converter in there, I need more gear. The 28" tire would help a lot, but I don't want to run the 28" tire in this car. It is just too much messing around I.E fender clearance, tails pipe clearance, blah blah. The 50's are staying.

#16 ·
Yah I need to get the frickin thing to latch :pain: I messed with the striker before going to the track, thought I had it latching, but then discovered it was coming un-latched again. I need to have Tim come over and help me line it up.

#23 ·
I had the shift point at 6600 and the limiter at 6800 I really don't think that these big motors like a lot of gear and small tires. It rev's very quick, but with all the torque it makes (580+) I think it would also like to work some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.