Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am in need of a machine shop somewhere in MD or VA. Anybody out there know any good places.

Also i am not trying to get taken for my money. I got a very small scratch that is not deep at all on 1 cylinder wall of my 347. I was looking to get that honed out.

And i am looking to getting my entire roatating assembly balanced. I was going to dissasemble everything. Bring them there bare block, and crank, pistons and rods. I expected to get it all back unassembled just like i brought it.

How much do you think it will cost?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
CAN'T HELP YOU WITH A MACHINE SHOP, BUT I PAID $40 TO GET ALL 8 CYLINDERS HONED AND $150 TO BALANCE MY ROTATING ASSEMBLY.IF YOU NEED MALLORY METAL IT IS EXTRA.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
IT MIGHT DEPEND ON HOW MUCH MACHINE WORK YOU ARE HAVING DONE. I AM SURE YOU WON'T FIND A SHOP THAT WILL HONE 1 CYLINDER FOR $5. I SHOPPED AROUND FOR A MACHINE SHOP AND FOUND CHASTAIN ENGINES HERE IN ATLANTA, THEY CAME HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, SOME OF THEIR PRICES WERE AS MUCH AS HALF OF OTHER SHOPS AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS. I JUST HAD A BLOCK BORED AND HONED WITH TORQUE PLATES FOR $150 IT WOULD HAVE BEEN $100 WITHOUT THE TORQUE PLATES.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
There is a machine shop/speed shop in the Yorkshire area of Manassas Park called C & C Auto Performance. They are located right on Route 28. If you come in from Marshall on 66 and go South on 28, they are about five miles down on the left. I've bought stuff there, but I haven't used their machine shop.

Note: I just edited this post to correct the name of the shop (after driving by it last night). Sorry for any inconvenience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts