Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the original 5.0 engine from my '95 GT prior to putting a stroker in. When I put the stroker in, I bought a DSS short-block and heads from FTI, so I didn't need a shop. Now I want to use the original engine for another stroker project. I don't need the shop to build the engine, I just need them to go over it (bearings, check the deck, freeze plugs, etc...). I live on the west end of Richmond, VA, but the only shop I have dealt with is the NAPA shop downtown. Anyone have experience around here?

Thanks.

Also, what kind of cost can I expect if I disassemble the block prior.

·
Registered
453 Posts
If you don't find anyone in your area Springfield Custom Machine in Springfield, Va does great work! He recently did my engine but has done all of my friends engines for years with no problems.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I recommend Davis Machine, it's off Tacony/Rt.360 behind Advance Auto. They are great people and have great customer service. They are always busy and can get you in and out a lot faster if you tear down and do assembly. Never heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would recommend Randall's Machine. Formerly the old Wally's racing and machine.They have built plenty of engines for me with great success.They are located in chester near John Tyler Community College

·
Registered
568 Posts
My recommendation is Lewis at "The Shop" in Charles City. Google "Charles City Courthouse" and that will give you the location.....he is back a lane behind the courthouse. (804) 458-5078.

His work has been spot-on every time I used him, and can do 100% of anything in-house (including balance jobs).

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts