Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest a machine shop in or around Baltimore? I've done a search and came up with a few but I have no idea who's competent.........

I've only been here for 1.5 years so I'm not familiar with any. I have a 92 LX and the motor's getting tired and I'm looking at picking up an engine kit and having a shop do the machine and assembly of the shortblock.

If anyone has any experience with local shops please post it up, good or bad. I'm up near Aberdeen so N.E. MD is prefered but anywhere around Baltimore works too. Or Southern PA for that matter.

·
US Army Retired
5,315 Posts
Do a search on this site- racersden.net.

I have heard of a place called Mancini machine shop, andthere is a place out by BWI(Hanover) I believe its called Jacksons Machine shop. I haven't used either but here good things about them from several locals I know.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bringing this back to life. Still looking for more machine shops. Something Northeast of Baltimore preferably. South eastern PA or DE would work too

·
Registered
349 Posts
Alot of locals in the area (including myself) use Phils Machine Shop in Quincy,Pa. It's just North of Greencastle,Pa. He's been in business for years, has fair prices and high quality work. He's very knowledgable with Ford engines from SBF's to FE's. I'll hopefully have him doing the work on a Stroker 414" Windsor this Spring(whenever I get enough coin together!!).... :joy:

Tater

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds promosing. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a kit and have my block machined and if that'll really save any money versus buying a shortblock from DSS or CHP or someone else.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Phil is a dealer for CHP with good pricing. His # is 717-749-7201 if you'd want to give him a call.
Tater :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts