Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 mustang gt vert with the mach 460 system that has no bass at all I have checked the wiring and it is good and I have made sure the connectors are secured on the amps in the back I was wondering if I need to replace the amps I just wanted to get opinions before spending the money on new amps for the car

·
Registered
323 Posts
You have three amps.

one under the console drives the tweeters. The two behind the rear seat drive the woofers. One rear amp drives the front woofers, and the other drives the rear woofers. I have seen the amps fail, but it’s odd for both to be out. Have you checked to see if the amps are getting power? Have you checked the connections to the radio, and the rear speaker harness? There is also a connection behind the drivers side kick panel. And to be be sure, have to checked that based isn’t turned off on the radio?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have three amps.

one under the console drives the tweeters. The two behind the rear seat drive the woofers. One rear amp drives the front woofers, and the other drives the rear woofers. I have seen the amps fail, but it’s odd for both to be out. Have you checked to see if the amps are getting power? Have you checked the connections to the radio, and the rear speaker harness? There is also a connection behind the drivers side kick panel. And to be be sure, have to checked that based isn’t turned off on the radio?
I know for a fact that all the tweeters are running and I have checked the bass on the radio I haven't checked to see if the amps are getting power and I'll pull the radio in the morning and give it a look and I'll get back to you on that

·
Registered
323 Posts
Also did you check both connectors on the amp. They have two, one is power and one is sound. They are on opposite ends of the amps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also did you check both connectors on the amp. They have two, one is power and one is sound. They are on opposite ends of the amps.
I'll take a look at them I have to pull the back seat to bleed the convertible top today and I'll make sure everything is in order

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK so I took apart the interior and used a multi meter while checking the connectors and the connectors have power and all 4 connectors are secured in the amps the speakers at all plugged in and the wiring looks fine all the way from the head unit back

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK so dummy move I forgot my 99 coupe v6 had a mach 460 in it and I pulled the amps from it and plugged them into my 03 gt and now the sounds system works great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts