Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a pulley for it ? It’s a Saleen water cooled blower . Is it even worth swapping pulleys ? Barely making 5psi . Or should I just go on a different blower set up?

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,856 Posts
well, boost numbers really mean nothing

what you want is a denser air charge

if you push dis temps you will get more boost, but no more power

if you are not looking at act while getting a smaller pulley, you will never know

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah idk only think I want is make it little faster lol and wanted to see if buying a pulley for this would help . I can’t seem to find a pulley for this m90 tho

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I ran an M90 for years on a 306. I was able to get 7-8 psi out of it, overspinning it to 18,000 rpm. Best I was able to run was mid 11s at 118 mph. I was running TW170 heads, Trick Flow Street intake, a Lunati 51014 cam and an AOD with a shift kit and a PI 3,200 stall lockup converter. The blower was definitely on the small side for the engine. The blower can only really support about 450 to maybe 500 hp at the absolute most. You should be able to get more than 5 psi on that engine, but you'll have to start pulling a good amount of timing. The advantage those blowers have is the rotor pack is relatively short and lightweight. Running a small pulley is ok for that reason - belt slip is easier to control than on a bigger blower. On PD blower setup what ends up happening when you run a small blower is you end up making insane torque at low rpm, but then the hp starts to fall off as the rpms build and the blower starts moving out of its efficiency range.

That said, if you want to stick with this blower, be prepared to do some careful tuning and you might need a few custom parts. The best you'll be able to get is 11's out of it. But it will respond very nicely to a small shot of nitrous on top of that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where can I get a pulley for it? Still stock bottom end so no nitros for this guy lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As far as tuning I know zero, was just gonna give it my tunner once I find an smaller pulley and throw different injectors at it

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Where can I get a pulley for it? Still stock bottom end so no nitros for this guy lol

Have no idea. Haven't run an M90 for many years. ASP can probably do it. If I was doing it myself, I would find an alternator pulley, bore out the bore, press in a slug, tig it in an bore it to the right size and offset. But these days I own a lathe and a TIG. I didn't back then.

·
Registered
665 Posts
That pulley looks very much like the same pulley from a Thunderbird SC. You need to measure the diameter and the shaft size and see what you come up with. If it is the same, the Thunderbird pullies are very common.

As far as overdriving the blower goes, convert the car to E85 if you can, it works wonders with those blowers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts